Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fresh Water

I made an intersting observation today while I was out taking care of my goat's and duck's.I had finished giving everyone food and water when I noticed the duck's swimming pool.Let me just say that it was disgusting.I don't know what they do in that water(besides swim)but it smelled as awful as it looked.So, I deceided that I would be brave and clean it out.Well,as I went to dump out the water,oneof the ducks jumped in.She was frantically flapping her wings and quacking like crazy.I went ahead and dumped the water anyway.Well when the water was on the ground I saw something that had been hidden before.It was a broken egg.Probably a lot of the reason for the horrible state of the water.So anyway,the duck started drinking the water on the ground.I know,GROSS!So you may be wondering where this is going.Well,God spoke to me through this.Not audibly but to my heart.I wonder how many times I have been like that duck and have wanted to hang on to the disgusting water in my own life when God so desperately wants to give me fresh clean water.I think back on certain things that have happened in my life.Things that I thought were so good and things I didn't want to give up.And then I look at them as if they have been spiled out on the ground like that water.And I didn't even know that what God had planned for me was so much better than I could have ever imagined.A pool that was washed out and filled with crystal clear water.Oh if we could just see the big picture in our lives sometimes.As I look back over the past few years of my life I can see how God has been working through circumstances to bring me where I am today.Some of those circumstances were painfull,but knowing what I know now I really wouldn't change a thing.I feel so blessed in so many areas of my life.And everyone of these blessings comes from my heavenly father.In case you were wondering,after I had filled the pool with clean water all of the ducks got in and started splashing around and dunking their heads under the water.Something they would not do in the dirty water.It was like they were thinking,"Wow,this is so much better than what we had before".I have had that same thought.

No comments: