Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sweet Angie


Well,I think everyone(all three of you) who read my blog are familliar with the story of Audrey Cadoline.If not I HIGHLY recommend that you read about her from the beggining.http://www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com/WHOA!Did I just put up a link?I am impressed!Anyway, I just can't find the words to explain what that little girl's story has meant to me.That is why you really should check it out and then you will know what I am talking about.Her story has been written by her mommy Angie Smith.I got to meet Angie last Friday night at a Selah concert.Her husband is Todd that sings with the group.They are my all time favorite group.I have to admit when Nicol left the group and I heard that they had a new member I was very disappointed.I LOVE Nicol's voice.It is so unique.But after hearing the new member Amy sing.Wow!Girlfriend has got it going on!Amazing voice.I really hope that they are around for a long time to come.I'm trying to figure out how I can get to one of their Christmas concerts.The nearest one is like 4 hours away!But anyway,back to Angie the reason for this post.I started reading her blog back in February.She is such a talented writer.She pours her heart out.You can feel her emotions through her words.You grow to love her.I have sat at my computer so many times and just sobbed as she told her story.It is beautiful.I have also laughed so hard I have cried.It is good stuff.Well,I have really wanted to meet her for some time now.I found out that the whole family was going to be at this last concert that was only a couple hours away.I just knew this was my chance.Well,the concert was unbelievable.Scott even got to go onstage and sing with them.That was crazy!Well during the intermission,I needed to go to the bathroom.So,I went out to the loby but I was not seeing a restroom anywhere.So,I started to walk down a hall way.Well,the hallway was dark but I could see down the hall there was a room that had a light on.I thought maybe this was a bathroom.I really needed to go.Well it wasn't.It was a hospitality room and Angie was in there.I just immediatly started to cry.I knew I would.Well she saw me and came right out to the hall and pulled me into a hug.She didn't even know me but she knew why I was so overcome with emotions.There have been so many times after reading one of her posts that I have just wanted to hug her.To try to take some of her pain away.And here I was hugging her.It seemed so surreal.She is remarkably beautiful both inside and out.She is so stinking cute you almost don't want to like her!But you can't help it.In that moment I felt like I had met a long lost sister.I felt like I had known her my whole life.She has this way of listening to you like you are the only person in the world.It was a moment I will never forget.God is really using Angie through their situation with Audrey.There are some very exciting oppourtunities coming up in the near future for them.I can't wait to see how God continues this powerfull story!

9 comments:

Keaghan's Mommy said...

I'm jealous!!!!

Darlene R. said...

Wow Tash! You posted pictures and a link? What on earth has come over you, woman!? I am so proud!! ;)

I'm glad you finally got to meet Angie and hug her sweet neck.

Are you going to keep this blog thing up?

Todd and Micah said...

I too am sooo jealous! So many times I've had to pull myself together to teach my kids after reading Angie's blog during my planning time at school. The way she writes is just so beautiful. I'm so glad you got to meet her. She truly is a woman of God.

ourprecious4 said...

Such a sweet picture, its been awhile since I was on your blog! Isnt she just the sweetest thing?!
Thanks for stopping by and joining the contest!
See you tomorrow!

Katie and Joel Hutsell said...

hey there tasha, try not to get to descuraged about bloging . now you have 4 ppl to read your blog now i know where to find it.



joel see you at mc donalds

Katie and Joel Hutsell said...

hey tasha, don't get descuraged about blogging , you now have four ppl to read your blog now that i know where to find it ..

joel , see you at mc donalds

Kelly said...

You got to meet Angie????? I'm jealous!
Yes - big bows are very common down here. I guess it's a southern thing. It's not just me I promise.

Joyfulsheep said...

It was great meeting you tonight. You are a sweetheart.

Holly said...

That's awesome that you got to meet her! :)